The much awaited Google`s Voice Navigation is available in INDIA for all android phones. Till now most of the Android phones have Google Navigation feature on board but it use to give message that Navigation is not available in your country. Not anymore. Although it is still in Beta but working great in our initial test. We will check out whether it can take place to paid apps like MapmyIndia, Sygic, SatNav. Read on for details.
From a long time I have been using Sygic with my Android and was completely satisfied with the coverage that Maps provide. In fact Sygic was working with Mapmyindia maps. It will be interesting to see some salient features of Google Maps navigation like navigate to contact and once it gets playing with Jelly Bean.
Main Features which I have noticed till now –
- Directly Navigate to starred places
- Navigate to Contact (if you have address in contact book)
- Live Traffic Layer (works good in Bangalore, Not sure about which cities are available)
- Set default home, office destination
- Alternate Route button while on route
- Next Turn indicator
- Options to avoid Toll roads
We have tried out Google Maps for Navigation in INDIA for a car drive (Video Upload in progress)