CyanogenMod is Custom firmware which gives you more flexibility and options to tweak your Android Smartphone. CyanogenMod is officially not available for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, but thanks to our developer community for making a port of CyanogenMod on to Galaxy Ace. Recently we have discussed about CyanogenMod9 CM9 Android 4.0 ICS ROM for Galaxy Ace, but that has some bugs and definitely not a daily driver as of now. But you have an option of Android 2.3 based gingerbread CyanogenMod7 ROM on you Ace. Read on for details.This article was previously published on DialAndroid last year but due to high amount of comments it has became difficult to answer. So we are moving it to new website to serve your better.
Ace Stock firmware S5830XXKPO Vs CyanogenMod CM7.2 Benchmark result
- Stock or custom rom with Android 2.3.* ( we used S5830XXKPO for S5830)
- ClockWorkMod V4 or higher installed (CWM on Galaxy Ace guide)
- CM7.2 file cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyAce-KANG-signed.zip ! forum Download link
How to install CM7 on Galaxy Ace S5830
- Copy firmware zip file on SDcard
- Completely switch off the phone
- Reboot into ClockWorkMod by pressing Home+Power button and then release only the power button
- Scroll to Wipe data/factory reset and press home button to select
- Now goto Install Zip from sdcard >> then select the cm-7.2.0-RC0-GalaxyAce-KANG-signed.zip
- Thats it... After the process completed reboot your phone.
Enjoy now your phone is running on Android 2.3.7 CyanogenMod CM7.2
Complete Video guide Youtube link
Via XDA , CyanogenMod
** Installing a firmware is a very risky procedure.. Do it at your own RISK.. **